For autistic individuals with BDD, how do you cope with having photos of you taken?

I know this is an autism website, but apparently, autistic folks are more likely to suffer with BDD. I’ve received therapy in the past to cope with my BDD but there’s one issue I struggle to get over. That being photos. Unfortunately, my BDD is based on the fact that I’m actually ugly. I’m not a pretty person who doesn’t see her beauty. I’m a ugly woman who is severely depressed and sometimes passively suicidal about the fact. Many men in my life have made it clear that I’m unattractive. And no matter how much I try to improve my looks, I will always remain ugly.

with that being said, my family still likes having family photos and it generally makes me die inside. It always ends up with me isolating myself, crying, and ruining everything.

i know I’ll never be attractive. But how can I cope with people taking photos of me, when I look disgusting?

Parents
  • I thought it was just me, I avoid having my photo taken at all costs. The last time I had one taken was for my passport about 8 years ago.

I've always thought I look a bit weird along with a touch of depersonalisation thrown in I just avoid them.

• I thought it was just me, I avoid having my photo taken at all costs. The last time I had one taken was for my passport about 8 years ago.

I've always thought I look a bit weird along with a touch of depersonalisation thrown in I just avoid them.

Children
No Data