Aspergers and Complex Ptsd

Is there anyone who could recommend that does EMDR for trauma and is qualified in autism I don't care about the cost I just know I need this therapy to fix my life so I'm not reliving the past everyday zoning out more and more as stress is building up more I'm distracted myself for years it's got to the point is draining me now.

Parents
  • I have to say I was given EDMR for trauma related PTSD and found no benefit. I could not fathom how looking a lights moving side to side would do anything. I kept thinking that I should be feeling something and that thought blocked the processing of the lights. That was prediagnosis. I have tried CBT as well and that did not do well either. I could understand the concepts at the time in general but could not understand how I could apply them to my life.

Now I am officially autistic I'm waiting on talking therapy but its a long list.

Time to crawl back into my basket me thinks!!!!

• I have to say I was given EDMR for trauma related PTSD and found no benefit. I could not fathom how looking a lights moving side to side would do anything. I kept thinking that I should be feeling something and that thought blocked the processing of the lights. That was prediagnosis. I have tried CBT as well and that did not do well either. I could understand the concepts at the time in general but could not understand how I could apply them to my life.

Now I am officially autistic I'm waiting on talking therapy but its a long list.

Time to crawl back into my basket me thinks!!!!

Children
No Data