Contemplating hurting myself in the near future

If I am going to learn how to manage my autism symptoms, then I've decided that I don't want to be in any neurotypical environment anymore - I find neurotypical environments to be too toxic. Watching my sisters and their friends have children of their own is an extremely sad reminder of my mental condition, and I feel that I am unable to be around my parents anymore let alone continue living with them because of the burden that comes with caring for someone with special needs. I am considering living in a suitable autism-friendly environment where I will be spending all day in sensory gardens as a means of permanent respite; focusing on having access to all types of sensory therapies is for the best. The plan for the near future is to start seeing a professional psychiatrist and start looking at being provided with holistic support from the special needs therapeutic educational charities and therapeutic intervention services that I am looking into at the moment. When I start being provided with a special needs mental health team, they need to treat me like an adult but at the same time be capable of cognitive empathy rather than have unrealistic expectations that I will only end up struggling to meet. I will continue self-injuring and hitting myself in the head in frustration, I will continue physically hurting myself and suffering from severe depression and having thoughts of suicide because of the torture that comes with being on the autism spectrum - I have no choice but to learn to live with these demons. People die by suicide every day. Society needs to stop looking at suicide as something considered taboo. 

Parents
  • Society needs to stop looking at suicide as something considered taboo. 

I certainly agree with this.

• Although I think I can agree with the sentiemnt behind what you write I have to down vote you for exactly the same reason I'd down vote anyone who might suggest that we ought to have a general right to own a gun.

The taboo against suicide has a beneficial purpose for as many people who try to commit the act and are saved by a stranger or relative, (who is motivated by, and maybe even employed in the service of that taboo, as it is a barrier to those who genuinely need to "make it stop". 

If there were Futurama style "suicicde booths" I'd bet a nice George head 22 carat Gold sovereign, that at least one of the more gifted and helpful posters would have walked into one at some point.  

Be careful what you wish (or vote) for!

*Edit* I used the word "Vote" in it's general election sense and not in relation to how people vote here.

• How is denying people their right to choose whether to live or die, and discouraging them from even talking about it, a good thing?

Which is worse; death, or a fate worse than death?

• Quality of life > quantity of life

You can live secure in your life, while you assist in taking the life of others? Is that the "quality of life" you want to be giving to others, for them to have death instead? A permanent change that cannot be undone?

I understand that euthanasia is a highly debated topic, but I tend to err on the side of caution, to give people at least a chance at changing their situation in life, like I've done with mine, rather than think "what if they can't change? If they want to take their own life, so be it. We'll even help them in doing that." If you can live your life knowing that you assisted in ending someone elses, and you don't mind that "blood on your hands," believing you're improving their quality of life somehow by annihilating it, and can live the rest of your life by facing the consequences of that, then hey, that's your life. You will have quantity of life, while they have none. 

• All we know Mark, is that we can perceive and work with 4 of the (alledged by cleverer men than me) 12 dimensions of reality. That extra 8 dimensions (if the theory is right) leaves another 8 areas of existence that apparenlty are closed off from our perceptions but need to be there(Apparenlty the maths requires it).

LIfe then looks a bit like my iceberg, being made of the bit we can see and the greater bit that we can't currenlty see. That allows plenty of space of us to exist outside of what we call "life"... 

I could easily imagine a scenario where my conciousness has an eternity to reflect upon my all to brief experience of "Life" and I could only imagine how annoyed with myself if I had cut it shorter than it needed to be. Even the horrible bits lose their horror when viewed over and over again from a safe distance.

You are facing so much opposition, not because you ARE wrong, but simply because you MAY be wrong and don't appear to allow for that possibility. 

• All we know Mark, is that we can perceive and work with 4 of the (alledged by cleverer men than me) 12 dimensions of reality. That extra 8 dimensions (if the theory is right) leaves another 8 areas of existence that apparenlty are closed off from our perceptions but need to be there(Apparenlty the maths requires it).

LIfe then looks a bit like my iceberg, being made of the bit we can see and the greater bit that we can't currenlty see. That allows plenty of space of us to exist outside of what we call "life"... 

I could easily imagine a scenario where my conciousness has an eternity to reflect upon my all to brief experience of "Life" and I could only imagine how annoyed with myself if I had cut it shorter than it needed to be. Even the horrible bits lose their horror when viewed over and over again from a safe distance.

You are facing so much opposition, not because you ARE wrong, but simply because you MAY be wrong and don't appear to allow for that possibility. 

Children
No Data