Question - Meltdowns?

So I'm still finding my way through a recent diagnosis at 27 and am trying to understand meltdowns, I believe I have them, but to read about them as a general thing they sound a lot more intense than my experience. I would assume they vary greatly from person to person, so as individuals (please call me out if it's too personal) what do they look and feel like? Are there specific triggers? - and also, are they maskable? Like if something were to happen in public, is it possible to hold it in until you're home or somewhere quiet? I read online again (same post) as a general thing that they are uncontrollable, but how far does masking go with it? 

I'm sorry if it's too personal Worried I'm just trying to understand myself a little better.

Parents
  • For me, i feel physically and mentally unwell. I have learnt to rest and just let it be until it passes. 

I cant mask it. I wont mask it anymore. I think masking a meltdown would make it worse. 

I would say a build up of emotion and overwhelm could lead to this. Also, an upset, like an argument or challenging experience. An accumulation of stress, worry, pressure.......

Im trying to look at it as an indication that i need to retreat for a little while. X

• For me, i feel physically and mentally unwell. I have learnt to rest and just let it be until it passes. 

I cant mask it. I wont mask it anymore. I think masking a meltdown would make it worse. 

I would say a build up of emotion and overwhelm could lead to this. Also, an upset, like an argument or challenging experience. An accumulation of stress, worry, pressure.......

Im trying to look at it as an indication that i need to retreat for a little while. X

Children
No Data