Think I'm suffering from burnout.

Hi I'm new here. 

I don't know what's happened in the last couple of years. Maybe I'm going through burnout or it's just the stress and anxiety of everything but I'm constantly exhausted, sleep doesn't help and my worrying is at an all time high. 

A couple years ago I lost my Gran, I was sectioned soon after and since then life feels a mess. I've tried to get back on my feet but I'm struggling. Always tired, always in pain, always anxious it's a nightmare to live with, especially as my parents keep telling me it's all in my head. 

Does this sound like burnout anxiety or something else? 

I've got diagnosis of adhd so could be that as well or everything all together. 

Parents
  • Hi M, welcome to the community. I'm sorry your experiencing such a tough time of it lately and I hope you will start feeling better soon. 

What you describe could definitely be burnout, many of us here have experienced the same. Burnout isn't a fast recovery and if you try to force yourself to do things it will aggravate your symptoms. 

I found this page on autistic fatigue and burnout that I think you might find useful.

https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/mental-health/autistic-fatigue/autistic-adults

Hopefully it will be helpful for you. 

From my own personal experience I've found rest is the best medicine for burnout. Rest as much as you can and when you do things, do them little and often, small things to start if possible and when you feel yourself start to get exhausted, pain etc, you can rest again.

Go like that, rest frequently and slowly but surely you should start to feel better.

Look after yourself M, I hope you feel better soon. And stick around this forum, there's a lot of support and friendship here.

• Hi M, welcome to the community. I'm sorry your experiencing such a tough time of it lately and I hope you will start feeling better soon. 

What you describe could definitely be burnout, many of us here have experienced the same. Burnout isn't a fast recovery and if you try to force yourself to do things it will aggravate your symptoms. 

I found this page on autistic fatigue and burnout that I think you might find useful.

https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/mental-health/autistic-fatigue/autistic-adults

Hopefully it will be helpful for you. 

From my own personal experience I've found rest is the best medicine for burnout. Rest as much as you can and when you do things, do them little and often, small things to start if possible and when you feel yourself start to get exhausted, pain etc, you can rest again.

Go like that, rest frequently and slowly but surely you should start to feel better.

Look after yourself M, I hope you feel better soon. And stick around this forum, there's a lot of support and friendship here.

Children
No Data