Missed opportunities re being helped

Have any of you had experiences that should've resulted in questions being asked as to what was going on ,but instead you were treated in a highly critical and unsupportive manner? I have many, but 2 stand out most. The first: A week into my 1st admission I'm told I'm going to do therapy making doll's houses. I get very anxious because  have poor/very poor ability when it comes to constructional skills. That added to the fact I was already in a bad state. I was dragged from the path of the hospital bus. Instead of doing something sensible and intelligent, like trying to find out why, a disapproving pdoc brands me as an awkward and troublesome  teenager. The second: I'm chucked off a cookery course during my last psych admission for taking too long to peel and cut potatoes . I got treated as though I was deliberately  obstructive and a trouble maker. The reality? I had genuinely struggled  with the task, and needed support not harsh criticism.

Parents
  • Me falling into the habit of punching myself in the face when frustrated last year should have signified to those around me that I needed support.

But instead I was dismissed as "misbehaving". 

• Me falling into the habit of punching myself in the face when frustrated last year should have signified to those around me that I needed support.

But instead I was dismissed as "misbehaving". 

Children