Sleep/medication

Hi, 

I don't particularly sleep very well and it's just getting worse. Currently I'm taking 50mg fast release Quetiapine as all else has failed. I hate talking it as it just makes me constantly tired.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as everything from "sleep hygiene" to sleep medication does absolutely nothing?

I fall asleep but don't stay there very long.

Parents
  • Hello, mirtazapine is wonderful for sleep. It’s an SSRI anti depressant, comes in 15, 30 and 45mg strengths. It really helps make you sleepy, about an hour after taking it, I’m starting to nod off. I’m on Risperidone as well as mirtzapine, and like you, the anti psychotic makes me tired a lot. If you haven’t tried Mirtzapine I would definitely look into it

• Hi, I've not had that one but I've had other SNRI and SSNRI up to really high doses.

I think it's stress related, my brain just doesn't quieten down for long.

• You need help inducing GABA if this is the case. Stress related anxiety is essentially excitement. If you've found you cannot shut down an excited brain, this might be the issue. I get a small dose of GABA enhancing anti-anxiety meds for specifically this from a Private GP. While I personally wouldn't advise these daily, and to compensate I have amended my diet to include things which help address this issue. 

There is a lot of new medical reports on this with autistics and ADHD'rs. It's the reason for the Gamma knife (which I feel is cruel and attacking a response rather than the issue).

• I'm encountering too many Autistic / ADHD individuals who are being prescribed things which make this worse rather than providing a low-dose benzo. One doesn't need much. 

Reply Children
No Data