Sleep/medication

Hi, 

I don't particularly sleep very well and it's just getting worse. Currently I'm taking 50mg fast release Quetiapine as all else has failed. I hate talking it as it just makes me constantly tired.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as everything from "sleep hygiene" to sleep medication does absolutely nothing?

I fall asleep but don't stay there very long.

Parents
  • I cut out gluten that was causing me all kinds of issues, including issues with sleeping. Some foods and drinks that you wouldn't even think of, could cause gut issues and ill health. I think that after a month of cutting out gluten, my body could get that natural sleepiness, before falling asleep. I've never had that since I was a very young child.

But when I was still consuming gluten on a regular basis, caffeine had no effect on me, because I was always already that awake to that degree, that I couldn't even feel the effects of caffeine at all. At night my mind would still be racing, and my heart rate would also be racing and I'll feel anxiety, and I couldn't do anything to fall asleep. I'd be up till sunrise, and that'll mess up my entire sleeping schedule. Sometimes I'd try to work out till I'm exhausted, but then I'd wake up with sore muscles and that's no fun.

Now I can fall asleep naturally, around the same time every day. I'll just start yawning, getting drowsy, and my eyes start closing. I mean it sounds normal, but it feels like a miracle to me. On the rare occasions that I drink caffeine, I can actually feel the effects, like that alertness and heart racing, compared to before, where I'd just be stuck in that state by default, and wouldn't notice a difference. 

Anyways, I hope you get things sorted out, so that you can get proper sleep, and feel better.

• I cut out gluten that was causing me all kinds of issues, including issues with sleeping. Some foods and drinks that you wouldn't even think of, could cause gut issues and ill health. I think that after a month of cutting out gluten, my body could get that natural sleepiness, before falling asleep. I've never had that since I was a very young child.

But when I was still consuming gluten on a regular basis, caffeine had no effect on me, because I was always already that awake to that degree, that I couldn't even feel the effects of caffeine at all. At night my mind would still be racing, and my heart rate would also be racing and I'll feel anxiety, and I couldn't do anything to fall asleep. I'd be up till sunrise, and that'll mess up my entire sleeping schedule. Sometimes I'd try to work out till I'm exhausted, but then I'd wake up with sore muscles and that's no fun.

Now I can fall asleep naturally, around the same time every day. I'll just start yawning, getting drowsy, and my eyes start closing. I mean it sounds normal, but it feels like a miracle to me. On the rare occasions that I drink caffeine, I can actually feel the effects, like that alertness and heart racing, compared to before, where I'd just be stuck in that state by default, and wouldn't notice a difference. 

Anyways, I hope you get things sorted out, so that you can get proper sleep, and feel better.

Children
No Data