Qu: About Morality If Punishing Criminals With severe or profound NPD And ASPD

Is it moral to punish and put people with Narcissistic Personality Disorder or Antisocial Personality Disorder with psychopathic features in jails or prisons instead of forensic correctional facilities?

First of all, jails or prisons don't have excellent training to handle those two personality disorders correctly if it is severe or profound, even if a prison psychiatrist or psychologist is trying to help severely mentally ill prisoners fix their thoughts and conduct.

Another issue is that people with severe or profound Narcissistic Personality Disorder or severe or profound Antisocial Personality Disorder with psychopathic features might be legally sane and competent to stand trial. Still, they have this strange nihilistic delusional view of this world. When they commit crimes, many also have a delusion that rules don't apply to them, due to disregard for right and wrong, and also black and withe thinking, with no grounds for the middle ground.

I hope you guys understand where I am coming from with this issue.

Parents
  • Ultimately a large that reason most criminals are indicted, flawed system aside, is because they exhibit a developmental deficiency. They are unable to meet the basic requirements that their community needs for coexistence.

Professional criminals are mostly left alone in society, it is the opportunists and failures that get caught, because they leave train-wrecks behind them and cannot sustain long term relationships.

Criminals are not placed in prison as a punishment for their crimes, but rather as a preventive measure, to protect the business and communal continuity.

So I would say that society could deal with criminals better, but with the absence of a cure or even a consensus on criminality, the least-worse solution is incarceration for all who would damage society to an unreasonable degree.

• I would say that society could deal with criminals better, but with the absence of a cure or even a consensus on criminality, the least-worse solution is incarceration for all who would damage society to an unreasonable degree.

The constraints of financing will also be a big factor. Special treatment for criminals with mental health issues are never going to be vote winners for the politicians either as the public mostly just want the criminals to go away.

Improving mental health in prisons is a good idea but the costs for this are unlikely to make it happen.

I have family who work in the health care in UK prisons and they have to put up with very restricted budgets and the attentions of criminals who are often intelligent have huge amounts of time to work out how to scam the system and will confer on how to refine their scams to pretend to have issues that get special treatment.

Physical health tends to have signs of a conditions presence but not mental health and thus it is often exploited to get special treatment.

In return this affects the professionals who are willing to deal with these high risk individuals and some are very disturbing to work with, even with training.

• I would say that society could deal with criminals better, but with the absence of a cure or even a consensus on criminality, the least-worse solution is incarceration for all who would damage society to an unreasonable degree.

The constraints of financing will also be a big factor. Special treatment for criminals with mental health issues are never going to be vote winners for the politicians either as the public mostly just want the criminals to go away.

Improving mental health in prisons is a good idea but the costs for this are unlikely to make it happen.

I have family who work in the health care in UK prisons and they have to put up with very restricted budgets and the attentions of criminals who are often intelligent have huge amounts of time to work out how to scam the system and will confer on how to refine their scams to pretend to have issues that get special treatment.

Physical health tends to have signs of a conditions presence but not mental health and thus it is often exploited to get special treatment.

In return this affects the professionals who are willing to deal with these high risk individuals and some are very disturbing to work with, even with training.

Children