Trying to find my place in the spectrum

My therapist said that I should spend time in the autistic community to get a better sense of myself as an autistic person so I can work out what is anxiety and what is autism (so I know what to bother trying to fix). I find this very hard because it's a spectrum so therefore we are all different. So how are any of us supposed to be able to define what is our autism and what's not? How are we supposed to be able to draw a metaphorical box around which bits we shouldn't waste time trying to fix? Not sure what I'm asking, but any thoughts would be appreciated.

Parents
  • I guess you could try and fix everything and see what works.

I”m right at the beginning of my journey so I’m really not qualified to give too much advice tbh. I am so up and down it’s crazy. Just been to Europe for 5 days with my family and was fine with the city noise. Now I’m back it’s hit me a bit and keep going over stuff, it’s like I don’t realise it affects me until afterwards. 
    I struggle to make sense of it all and guess therapy might be the way forward for me.

I hope you find some answers soon and that it works out for you. 

• I guess you could try and fix everything and see what works.

I”m right at the beginning of my journey so I’m really not qualified to give too much advice tbh. I am so up and down it’s crazy. Just been to Europe for 5 days with my family and was fine with the city noise. Now I’m back it’s hit me a bit and keep going over stuff, it’s like I don’t realise it affects me until afterwards. 
    I struggle to make sense of it all and guess therapy might be the way forward for me.

I hope you find some answers soon and that it works out for you. 

Children
No Data