“””burnout””””” currently off work and caring for daughter

So things came to a head in January and I felt it building months before this, my daughter is also autistic and tried to OD, so it got too much and I’ve now been off work for over 3 months to care for her and myself.

thing is I’m currently happy not working and don’t want to go back as my burnout will happen again in the near future ( I tend to go every 18 months or so), I know how to get myself better but I just want to care for my daughter, work currently don’t know about my diagnosis also, should I tell them?

also is there anyone else on here not suited to work and care for someone?

thank you 

Parents
  • What can I say - know that feeling.  I've led most of my working life without knowing I'm autistic and absences due to burn out were in the past written off as anxiety or stress or depression.

Just a thought but do you travel to work.  If so, you might find a career switch helps.  Working from home means a) less social burnout b) my sensory needs are under my control, c) no sensory burnout or IBS struggles due to the commute and d) you might find you are on hand for your daughter anyway.

Otherwise, is there any scope for you to be formerly your daughter's carer and get the associated benefits?

• What can I say - know that feeling.  I've led most of my working life without knowing I'm autistic and absences due to burn out were in the past written off as anxiety or stress or depression.

Just a thought but do you travel to work.  If so, you might find a career switch helps.  Working from home means a) less social burnout b) my sensory needs are under my control, c) no sensory burnout or IBS struggles due to the commute and d) you might find you are on hand for your daughter anyway.

Otherwise, is there any scope for you to be formerly your daughter's carer and get the associated benefits?

Children
No Data