Intrusive Thoughts

I feel Intrusive Thoughts; expecting me to attack an old friend, who keeps going on at me about Money - until I stopped contacting her.

It's related to an issue, which might become thorny, about a defective door in the rental of mine; which is back on the market. I'm willing to have my next Rental Payment garnished; to repalce the door. But my uncle may give me grief; for that.

Parents
  • Intrusive thoughts are ways of telling us we are in need of checking in with ourselves and retreating til we can sort that out. The issue is secondary: that will sort itself out in time. The thoughts, if they persist, without varying in content, mean you need to back away til you are more able to cope. You can tell your old friend this.

If this is an issue where some action is required on your part to resolve an issue of mutual interest with your friend, you need to just throw money at the problem if you have it and, if not, find a way to make it right. Seems the damage is your fault, yes? Then fix. easy peasy.

• Intrusive thoughts are ways of telling us we are in need of checking in with ourselves and retreating til we can sort that out. The issue is secondary: that will sort itself out in time. The thoughts, if they persist, without varying in content, mean you need to back away til you are more able to cope. You can tell your old friend this.

If this is an issue where some action is required on your part to resolve an issue of mutual interest with your friend, you need to just throw money at the problem if you have it and, if not, find a way to make it right. Seems the damage is your fault, yes? Then fix. easy peasy.

Children
  • Thanks.

Thoughts left, half an hour ago. Made dinner; Sirloin Steak - fried in Extra Vrigin Olive Oil, Heinz Beans and boiled Potatoes; I learned that every cut in a spud halves the boiling time. (I make several segments, into little cubes)