Trichotillomania

I have so many other little minor oddities which I wonder may stem from Autism. Or possibly OCD.

I often have the urge to pull out my eyelashes with my finger nails. Most of the time until there are none left.

I also pull out my nasal hair with tweezers.

I wonder if anyone else has this?

Parents
  • I've struggled with this too for a while. I've had trichotillomania since I was like 10ish? and dermatillomania too since maybe about 14/15 and I genuinely have felt so ashamed about both for ages. I think it's quite common in autistic people to have either one or both of them because many may use them as a (harmful) way of stimming, and many of us also have comorbid OCD/mental health conditions and it becomes a coping mechanism. 

• I've struggled with this too for a while. I've had trichotillomania since I was like 10ish? and dermatillomania too since maybe about 14/15 and I genuinely have felt so ashamed about both for ages. I think it's quite common in autistic people to have either one or both of them because many may use them as a (harmful) way of stimming, and many of us also have comorbid OCD/mental health conditions and it becomes a coping mechanism. 

Children
No Data