Trichotillomania

I have so many other little minor oddities which I wonder may stem from Autism. Or possibly OCD.

I often have the urge to pull out my eyelashes with my finger nails. Most of the time until there are none left.

I also pull out my nasal hair with tweezers.

I wonder if anyone else has this?

Parents
  • Yes, since I was about 15. Dermatillomania started around the same time. It's only very recently I've realised there is a name for this and I'm not ******* insane.

From the research I've done I don't think there is a direct link to autism but it's reported by quite a few people. I too think it's maybe closer related to OCD? 

It is any/all hair for me but facial hair is most satisfying - hence the crappy state of my beard!

I could get quite graphic about dealing with ingrowing hairs...

• Yes, since I was about 15. Dermatillomania started around the same time. It's only very recently I've realised there is a name for this and I'm not ******* insane.

From the research I've done I don't think there is a direct link to autism but it's reported by quite a few people. I too think it's maybe closer related to OCD? 

It is any/all hair for me but facial hair is most satisfying - hence the crappy state of my beard!

I could get quite graphic about dealing with ingrowing hairs...

Children
No Data