Burnout or depression? or both :''')

Hellooo, I am really in need of some advice from other autistic people that have experienced something similar, which I'm sure a lot of you have!

I'm 20 and tried to go to uni last year, got into law at a great uni, but after like a month and a half my mental health absolutely spiralled and I dropped out six moths later. It has been almost a year since I stopped attending university and I haven't gotten better yet. I know it's going to be a very long process, but I don't feel like any progress is being made as everything feels so impossibly hard. I'm not doing well looking after myself, showering, brushing teeth, cooking etc. I almost never leave my flat. I've also started to struggle with alcohol abuse.

Do you have any tips on how to start making progress? I feel so stuck, and angry at myself. I'm in therapy, but that doesn't help with actually DOING things yk?? All replies will be greatly appreciated :)

Parents
  • The main thing is that you have to do the things you love doing. If you don't, then it becomes a chore that will drain your energy very quickly, and your mood falls as a result of not doing well. The people who achieved a lot, made what they do into a game, and have fun playing that game for hours. Even for subjects they don't really like, they'll still try to make it fun for themselves somehow. 

• The main thing is that you have to do the things you love doing. If you don't, then it becomes a chore that will drain your energy very quickly, and your mood falls as a result of not doing well. The people who achieved a lot, made what they do into a game, and have fun playing that game for hours. Even for subjects they don't really like, they'll still try to make it fun for themselves somehow. 

Children
No Data