struggle at volunteering

i am volunteering at the moment but im struggle to communicate well ive always been very quiet but only recently found out im autistic whenever im volunteering i always wait till im spoke to as have bad social anxiety and find it hard to start conversations and keep them going how can become more socially confident and feel better about talking people the main reason i struggle to start conversation is worry i will be ignored then laughed at and i do anything to avoid embrassment how can i be better at making conversations with the other workers? any advice is appreicated

Parents
  • Just be yourself. I know it's hard because you want to make this perfect but all you can do is be yourself.

If people laugh at you then don't worry about them....Don't even consider thinking about them or what they think because people like that aren't worth your time!

I feel sorry for people who are so insecure that laughing at others and making fun of them is their only way of feeling good about themselves.

That's sad.

Be yourself and have fun. Don't worry about what other people think, say or do. Talk when you feel comfortable but there's no pressure to do anything you don't want to.

You can also look up some tips for being social online like on YouTube. When I volunteered in a charity shop I did this and it gave me some good tips. 

Made the process a bit easier.

I hope it goes well for you. Please let us know if you need anything and how it goes.

• Just be yourself. I know it's hard because you want to make this perfect but all you can do is be yourself.

If people laugh at you then don't worry about them....Don't even consider thinking about them or what they think because people like that aren't worth your time!

I feel sorry for people who are so insecure that laughing at others and making fun of them is their only way of feeling good about themselves.

That's sad.

Be yourself and have fun. Don't worry about what other people think, say or do. Talk when you feel comfortable but there's no pressure to do anything you don't want to.

You can also look up some tips for being social online like on YouTube. When I volunteered in a charity shop I did this and it gave me some good tips. 

Made the process a bit easier.

I hope it goes well for you. Please let us know if you need anything and how it goes.

Children
No Data