What life hacks have you discovered that have helped you with your autism?

from executive dysfunction hacks to social hacks. It's an open-ended question.

Parents
  • Realising the vital importance of space and solitude to keep me from burnout. 

Accepting that it's fine to eat the same foods every day, so long as they're nutritionally good. 

Or ice cream... Slight smile

Knowing that my energy is on a metaphorical meter - when it's empty, that's it. It needs to be recharged - no going into the red. 

Some life interactions will cost more than others. 

Accepting that it's fine to eat the same foods every day, so long as they're nutritionally good. 

Or ice cream... Slight smile

Knowing that my energy is on a metaphorical meter - when it's empty, that's it. It needs to be recharged - no going into the red. 

Some life interactions will cost more than others. 

Children
  • When I finally realised I’m autistic, at first I was euphoric, I was then angry with myself for not realising why I was different sooner. afterwards was a massive burnout, what I did was to stop working full time, I realised how I had tried to be neurotypical and how much it had damaged me. Trying to keep all the plates spinning was too much, I often need solitude and to focus on my own projects. Please forgive me if I’m ‘out of turn,’ I’ve noticed your work situation isn’t helping you. Please take care and don’t end up in a burnout.

I like solitude too!