What life hacks have you discovered that have helped you with your autism?

from executive dysfunction hacks to social hacks. It's an open-ended question.

Parents
  • I set alarms on my phone all the time, with a day of the week if there is something not on the day.  I put what the alarm is for so that I do not miss anything important.

I also use "Reminders" app on my phone, which again can have alarms set as well as priority.  I give myself an admin day when I go though the task list.  It is helpful as if something comes to my mind I can put it in there ready for admin day.

I have a hair bobble that I put on the handle of my front door to remind me that I need to take something with me.  I have hooks in the porch and hang a bag on one of them in which I place items that need to go out of the house e.g. mail.  Once I have taken the item to where it needs to be the bobble goes back on a spare hook until it is needed again.

What are some of yours Brie?

• I set alarms on my phone all the time, with a day of the week if there is something not on the day.  I put what the alarm is for so that I do not miss anything important.

I also use "Reminders" app on my phone, which again can have alarms set as well as priority.  I give myself an admin day when I go though the task list.  It is helpful as if something comes to my mind I can put it in there ready for admin day.

I have a hair bobble that I put on the handle of my front door to remind me that I need to take something with me.  I have hooks in the porch and hang a bag on one of them in which I place items that need to go out of the house e.g. mail.  Once I have taken the item to where it needs to be the bobble goes back on a spare hook until it is needed again.

What are some of yours Brie?

Children
No Data