On a bad day - what do you turn to for comfort?

We all have really bad days and when I do I often feel I’m floundering and don’t know where to turn to find some comfort and make the world feel like a less completely hostile place. What strategies do you use on those days when everything feels completely overwhelming and bleak and you’re feeling hopeless about life? What helps?

Parents
  • On those days when I'm at my lowest point I sing. Singing is the only thing that gets me back out of the darkness and feeling lifted again. So long as I can sing I know it will lift me out of the darkness again.

I hope things pick up for you Kate, stay strong and don't give up on yourself.

• Thank you - that’s really kind of you x Singing is wonderful isn’t it? And musically generally of course. Me and my son often go out in the car and play our favourite songs and sing together to them! Even on quite a difficult day we can manage a bit of a singalong in the car :) 

• Thank you - that’s really kind of you x Singing is wonderful isn’t it? And musically generally of course. Me and my son often go out in the car and play our favourite songs and sing together to them! Even on quite a difficult day we can manage a bit of a singalong in the car :) 

Children
No Data