On a bad day - what do you turn to for comfort?

We all have really bad days and when I do I often feel I’m floundering and don’t know where to turn to find some comfort and make the world feel like a less completely hostile place. What strategies do you use on those days when everything feels completely overwhelming and bleak and you’re feeling hopeless about life? What helps?

Parents
  • I definitely feel the same. I watch movies and TV series or listen to music. I like towns and cities but they're loud and dangerous I wish they weren't. But I like it when it's quiet. And wish it wasn't dangerous and I wish I wasn't vulnerable and sometimes wish I didn't have these learning disabilities.

• If we go to a city we try to get there really early and enjoy that time of day when it’s nice and quiet. For example going on a Sunday at 8am and places we like (like Oxford or Cambridge or Bath) are deserted and lovely and you can wander around in peace. Then we’ll have breakfast somewhere and probably be leaving by about 11am. I know what you mean about wishing to feel stronger and less vulnerable - I feel that way too sometimes. We have other qualities though, that maybe ‘tougher people’ might not have. And deep down you’re probably stronger than you realise. 

• If we go to a city we try to get there really early and enjoy that time of day when it’s nice and quiet. For example going on a Sunday at 8am and places we like (like Oxford or Cambridge or Bath) are deserted and lovely and you can wander around in peace. Then we’ll have breakfast somewhere and probably be leaving by about 11am. I know what you mean about wishing to feel stronger and less vulnerable - I feel that way too sometimes. We have other qualities though, that maybe ‘tougher people’ might not have. And deep down you’re probably stronger than you realise. 

Children
No Data