Smart Watches for anxiety

Hi there,

I heard that getting a smart watch can be useful for measuring and regulating anxiety levels. Can anyone recommend a good watch for this?

I'd like it to read my heart rate and be able to alert me when it thinks I am getting stressed so I can take action before it gets too bad. It would also be really helpful to be able to see a graph of my heart rate over the day so I can look back and see what my stress triggers were and what helped to reduce my stress. I often find watches irritating to wear so it would have to be super comfortable. I think the Garmin watches are supposed to be comfortable and do the above accurately, but they come in at quite a hefty price. I'm not interested in having GPS and advanced functions to do with fitness training, so I wonder if anyone can recommend a good stress-tracking watch that doesn't involve paying for all these extra functions?

Thanks in advance

Claire

Parents
  • apple watch - good choose lol

Not sure about this - the anxiety over the cost and the appalling battery life would only add to the stress.

I recall looking for watches for professional runners (my wife has taken this up) and the prices are pretty steep for anything more than a simple heart rate monitor

I bought a simple one from Argos in the end for about £30 which used a chest strap (probably not suitable if you have close contact sensory issues) and this gave alerts when the heart rate went above a certain level and had a tremendous battery life.

Somethng along these lines may be a good cheap way to see if the basic technology is helpful for you before you decide on whether to spend hundreds of pounds on technology of which only a small part is useful.

Not sure about this - the anxiety over the cost and the appalling battery life would only add to the stress.

I recall looking for watches for professional runners (my wife has taken this up) and the prices are pretty steep for anything more than a simple heart rate monitor

I bought a simple one from Argos in the end for about £30 which used a chest strap (probably not suitable if you have close contact sensory issues) and this gave alerts when the heart rate went above a certain level and had a tremendous battery life.

Somethng along these lines may be a good cheap way to see if the basic technology is helpful for you before you decide on whether to spend hundreds of pounds on technology of which only a small part is useful.

Children