Acupuncture

Hi,

I've started some treatment for my neck/shoulder with a physiotherapist. This has commenced with some acupuncture.

I was prone on the bench that they use with my face in the designed 'hole' in the bench thing, 4 needles were inserted into my trap muscles and the physio left me for about 20'minutes.

The strange thing is, that after about 5 minutes, my mind was clear. For the first time that I can recall, my mind wasn't spinning and I felt truly at peace. It was very strange afterwards when I realised this.

Has anybody else experienced this? I can't wait for the next session!

Batfink

Parents
  • Hello Batfink

I'm recently diagnosed autistic. And I'm in my late 40s. But having had a career in bodies - therapeutic movement rehab exercise. I felt that I could chip in. I've been having regular acupuncture for years possibly decades. Sometimes for a strain or pain, but mostly for calmness.

I see a traditional Chinese medicine acupuncturist about twice a month. It helps me sleep. It helps me restore it helps me be more able to cope with life. And now with autism awareness, I can see how it has been a crutch for me to be able to live and work. It helps reduce my sense of overwhelm and be okay with the heightened sensitivities I have to everything.

I cannot recommend it enough and I've never found it painful, but having trust and honesty with your acupuncturist I feel is vital. If you have any questions, I'm more than happy to answer.

N

• Hello Batfink

I'm recently diagnosed autistic. And I'm in my late 40s. But having had a career in bodies - therapeutic movement rehab exercise. I felt that I could chip in. I've been having regular acupuncture for years possibly decades. Sometimes for a strain or pain, but mostly for calmness.

I see a traditional Chinese medicine acupuncturist about twice a month. It helps me sleep. It helps me restore it helps me be more able to cope with life. And now with autism awareness, I can see how it has been a crutch for me to be able to live and work. It helps reduce my sense of overwhelm and be okay with the heightened sensitivities I have to everything.

I cannot recommend it enough and I've never found it painful, but having trust and honesty with your acupuncturist I feel is vital. If you have any questions, I'm more than happy to answer.

N

Children
No Data