Depression Medication

Hi everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone would be comfortable to share whether antidepressants have worked for you? I am having a really hard time and I've been thinking about seeing my GP to discuss taking medication for depression. I know that a large part of how I'm feeling is due to autistic burnout but I wondered whether depression meds would help or if they'd be ineffective or make it worse.

Parents
  • I have had terrible trouble with my mental health - it is hard to tell how much of this is an impact of autism or how much it is other outside issues. 

After a lot of trial and error trying lots of different drugs and drug combinations, I now take Sertraline & Risperidone. The latter is pretty heavy duty though so I would start on a small dose of a regular antidepressant and take it from there. I am sure that your doctor will put you right. :) 

• I have had terrible trouble with my mental health - it is hard to tell how much of this is an impact of autism or how much it is other outside issues. 

After a lot of trial and error trying lots of different drugs and drug combinations, I now take Sertraline & Risperidone. The latter is pretty heavy duty though so I would start on a small dose of a regular antidepressant and take it from there. I am sure that your doctor will put you right. :) 

Children
No Data