Depression Medication

Hi everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone would be comfortable to share whether antidepressants have worked for you? I am having a really hard time and I've been thinking about seeing my GP to discuss taking medication for depression. I know that a large part of how I'm feeling is due to autistic burnout but I wondered whether depression meds would help or if they'd be ineffective or make it worse.

Parents
  • Antidepressants can work for some people. I would ask myself how depressed am i? Is it worth it? Are the side effects of taking antidepressants worth it? They can numb good and bad emotions amongst other things. 

I now realise i still had melt downs and burn outs despite taking antidepressants. 

Have you considered an alternative to antidepressants, such as mindfullness, exercise such as swimming or something else that you like doing? 

If you think it is caused by burnout, will it pass with rest alone? 

I hope you feel better soon.

• Antidepressants can work for some people. I would ask myself how depressed am i? Is it worth it? Are the side effects of taking antidepressants worth it? They can numb good and bad emotions amongst other things. 

I now realise i still had melt downs and burn outs despite taking antidepressants. 

Have you considered an alternative to antidepressants, such as mindfullness, exercise such as swimming or something else that you like doing? 

If you think it is caused by burnout, will it pass with rest alone? 

I hope you feel better soon.

Children
No Data