Overthinking - how to deal with it

Hi everyone have recently been diagnosed with autism, throughout my life I have been told I over think to much. Whether its something as simply writing an email, or like someone or worrying about the future or meeting up with people. Or just over thinking lots of things in detail such as my interests.   I was wondering if anyone had any ways to deal with over thinking? 

Parents
  • The term “overthinking” has always bothered me, as it’s always been in my experience, been used as a bullying tactic, as a way of shutting down certain conversations that are deemed by others (bullies) to be “negative” or “inappropriate” where it is deemed that the person with autism is “wrong” (by default) on all issues, regardless of the merits of any issues - and needs to become (silently) obedient and (silently) compliant without any response, question, objection nor any other comments - one is usually told to “cop yourself on” (and far ruder/abusive versions of this) due to a total refusal to understand it in any other terms, except from a discipline standpoint/mindset 

• The term “overthinking” has always bothered me, as it’s always been in my experience, been used as a bullying tactic, as a way of shutting down certain conversations that are deemed by others (bullies) to be “negative” or “inappropriate” where it is deemed that the person with autism is “wrong” (by default) on all issues, regardless of the merits of any issues - and needs to become (silently) obedient and (silently) compliant without any response, question, objection nor any other comments - one is usually told to “cop yourself on” (and far ruder/abusive versions of this) due to a total refusal to understand it in any other terms, except from a discipline standpoint/mindset 

Children
No Data