Overthinking - how to deal with it

Hi everyone have recently been diagnosed with autism, throughout my life I have been told I over think to much. Whether its something as simply writing an email, or like someone or worrying about the future or meeting up with people. Or just over thinking lots of things in detail such as my interests.   I was wondering if anyone had any ways to deal with over thinking? 

Parents
  • It would seem that you need to work on your spontaneity skills.

Where overthinking is concerned, and by proxy perfectionism, it can be the case that you think you way out of doing things.

I would recommend that to get a dice, like ‘Rory’s story cubes’ or an actual dice and write a table of relative activities, and literally roll the dice on what you do. For me, I roll the dice on what I draw, so that I can actually get to drawing. The goal is to surrender to chaos! Enjoy!

• It would seem that you need to work on your spontaneity skills.

Where overthinking is concerned, and by proxy perfectionism, it can be the case that you think you way out of doing things.

I would recommend that to get a dice, like ‘Rory’s story cubes’ or an actual dice and write a table of relative activities, and literally roll the dice on what you do. For me, I roll the dice on what I draw, so that I can actually get to drawing. The goal is to surrender to chaos! Enjoy!

Children
No Data