Overthinking - how to deal with it

Hi everyone have recently been diagnosed with autism, throughout my life I have been told I over think to much. Whether its something as simply writing an email, or like someone or worrying about the future or meeting up with people. Or just over thinking lots of things in detail such as my interests.   I was wondering if anyone had any ways to deal with over thinking? 

Parents
  • I read today that you cannot doodle and think at the same time. It's not about producing artwork; more about keeping your hands busy and focusing on the activity. You can experiment and see if it helps. I'm going to test the suggestion myself.

• I read today that you cannot doodle and think at the same time. It's not about producing artwork; more about keeping your hands busy and focusing on the activity. You can experiment and see if it helps. I'm going to test the suggestion myself.

Children
  • I find I can doodle/draw and think at the same time, a but for me it is more of a meditation and it helps me think calmly and in a focused way, I do this mainly with neurographic art and have a certain topic to ponder on whilst I do it