Sleep Difficulties

I was awake for 24 hours-plus from Saturday morning onwards (I've lost track - I *think* it was Saturday). Sure, I was very troubled by something, but that's nothing new. All I'd done differently was starting to take soluble Vitamin C tablets that cost £1.43 and came in a Smarties-like paper tube...so they're likely to be as revolutionarily or as life-changingly effective as my forum posts or dress-sense. So it can't be the tablets which cause this insomnia...

What sleeping difficulties do you have, if any?

Parents
  • I probably do get the recommended 8 hours on average, as despite being a worrier, that kind of burns me out frequently enough to fall asleep as a kind of emergency shut-down. However, that 8 hours is sometimes assembled from bits and pieces (a postprandial snooze that sneaks up on me, an 'I'll just doze for five, then I wake up and night has already fallen)rather than one long stretch. If I have a few days off in a row, I drift into a firly nocturnal existence. My biorhysthms just seem to be that way... and I like it. Awake when most of the world is asleep.

• I probably do get the recommended 8 hours on average, as despite being a worrier, that kind of burns me out frequently enough to fall asleep as a kind of emergency shut-down. However, that 8 hours is sometimes assembled from bits and pieces (a postprandial snooze that sneaks up on me, an 'I'll just doze for five, then I wake up and night has already fallen)rather than one long stretch. If I have a few days off in a row, I drift into a firly nocturnal existence. My biorhysthms just seem to be that way... and I like it. Awake when most of the world is asleep.

Children
  • If I have a few days off in a row, I drift into a firly nocturnal existence. My biorhysthms just seem to be that way... and I like it. Awake when most of the world is asleep.

Me too. I feel like it's not socially acceptable in the modern world but it makes sense from an evolutionary point of view. Last year I worked evenings one day a week and it felt much more natural to me!