Why medication doesn't help me

I've been seing psychiatrists and psychologists for 2 years now. Currently my diagnoses are adhd, generalized anxiety, depression, social phobia and maybe borderline personality disorder or bipolar disorder. Nothing ever feels right. I've taken so many different medications, ssris, benzodiazepines, antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, cns stimulants. I still feel like ***. Nothing has helped enough. Each time I see my psychiatrist my meds are changed, they always think it'll finally work and it never does.

Parents
  • I started seeing psychiatrists when I was eighteen, I was finally diagnosed at 43. Like you I have had all those other diagnosis and drugs and nothing made any difference whatsoever. It was only when I discovered they had put personality disorder on my record that I remembered reading that this was a common thing for autistics to be misdiagnosed with so I did a lot of research and realised I was autistic which is when I then pushed for diagnosis because I was sick of nothing working for no reason.

I can't say that being diagnosed makes a great deal of difference however during the research really has. At least now I understand why I react in certain ways to certain situations, why I am constantly feeling like I'm going to explode (I am constantly in sensory overload as I am extremely sensitive). Personally I have come off all antidepressants and only take a blood pressure tablet and I am experiencing no difference with the exception that my brain can now think again which it couldn't on the antidepressant medication

• I started seeing psychiatrists when I was eighteen, I was finally diagnosed at 43. Like you I have had all those other diagnosis and drugs and nothing made any difference whatsoever. It was only when I discovered they had put personality disorder on my record that I remembered reading that this was a common thing for autistics to be misdiagnosed with so I did a lot of research and realised I was autistic which is when I then pushed for diagnosis because I was sick of nothing working for no reason.

I can't say that being diagnosed makes a great deal of difference however during the research really has. At least now I understand why I react in certain ways to certain situations, why I am constantly feeling like I'm going to explode (I am constantly in sensory overload as I am extremely sensitive). Personally I have come off all antidepressants and only take a blood pressure tablet and I am experiencing no difference with the exception that my brain can now think again which it couldn't on the antidepressant medication

Children
No Data