Why medication doesn't help me

I've been seing psychiatrists and psychologists for 2 years now. Currently my diagnoses are adhd, generalized anxiety, depression, social phobia and maybe borderline personality disorder or bipolar disorder. Nothing ever feels right. I've taken so many different medications, ssris, benzodiazepines, antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, cns stimulants. I still feel like ***. Nothing has helped enough. Each time I see my psychiatrist my meds are changed, they always think it'll finally work and it never does.

Parents
  • I have experienced the same over the past 40 years. I didnt know that i was autustic until this year. I was switched from one antidepressant to another. They helped short term. What i didnt realise throughout my life was that those times when i met with the GP, crying, unable to cope was that i was having melt downs, from overwhelm and taking on too much. So, the antidepressant was changed or increased. I dont believe antidepressants can help with melt downs? Now i know that i am autistic i manage better. If we know what is going on with us then we are more able to make changes to our lifestyle to help us cope better. 

Like you i always felt s**t

I dont want to try any more antidepressants. I am very very very slowly reducing my current one. I accept i may not be able to come off them completly, but bit by bit i can reduce safely. 

I rarely visit the GP now, because i know what is going on with me. 

This is one of the reasons i feel that it is so important to have the diagnosis. 

• I have experienced the same over the past 40 years. I didnt know that i was autustic until this year. I was switched from one antidepressant to another. They helped short term. What i didnt realise throughout my life was that those times when i met with the GP, crying, unable to cope was that i was having melt downs, from overwhelm and taking on too much. So, the antidepressant was changed or increased. I dont believe antidepressants can help with melt downs? Now i know that i am autistic i manage better. If we know what is going on with us then we are more able to make changes to our lifestyle to help us cope better. 

Like you i always felt s**t

I dont want to try any more antidepressants. I am very very very slowly reducing my current one. I accept i may not be able to come off them completly, but bit by bit i can reduce safely. 

I rarely visit the GP now, because i know what is going on with me. 

This is one of the reasons i feel that it is so important to have the diagnosis. 

Children
No Data