Why medication doesn't help me

I've been seing psychiatrists and psychologists for 2 years now. Currently my diagnoses are adhd, generalized anxiety, depression, social phobia and maybe borderline personality disorder or bipolar disorder. Nothing ever feels right. I've taken so many different medications, ssris, benzodiazepines, antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, cns stimulants. I still feel like ***. Nothing has helped enough. Each time I see my psychiatrist my meds are changed, they always think it'll finally work and it never does.

Parents
  • I would slowly come off everything but anti-anxiety medication could help in the right dose. Maybe use it to see if you cannot work out problems that need Actual Solutions. while they're highly addictive, they can be amazing short-term solution to be able to think clearly for once and sort out what is at the root of most problems. 

Most of us are a mismatch for a society which is riddled with bad manners and bad ethics. Taking medication doesn't fix the problem. But with a "clear head" one can begin to start re-evaluating things we can control. A home environment can have an overwhelming amount of problems from unnatural lighting, unnatural chemical scents, airborne toxic 'smells' - or poorly designed buildings and homes which are full of unhealthy materials. Sometimes just changing the home environment is enough of a start to create a safe, anxiety free space you can feel anchored in within a chaotic world. 

There's good enough new evidence to support the difference in neurological "design" of autistic and ADHD individuals: we have less of an ability to filter out unwanted incoming sensory input and we can have Gamma waves which accelerate into anxiety due to less GABA inhibitors (for whatever reason). Pfizer makes Xanax for this specifically. I take a half dose when there's an orchestration in my head on repeat accelerating ad infinitum. It won't stop - I may burn out by 5 am, and then the whole week will be impossible. 

Most of us were raised without the details of an overwhelming amount of chaos that's happening around us and end up not knowing how to trouble shoot actual problems or navigate danger, compounding what's already overwhelming. I've spent the last nearly 30 years digging through libraries of material to try and work out what is going on. I don't have a ton of solutions, but I have found that a some environmental problems are due to 'planned obsolescence' or just having the most money to get away with something until there's too many lawsuits. Houses are built, builders cut corners, and cheap materials have long-term health impacts, but they're not discovered till long after too many people fall ill and the company no longer exists. This happened with cigarettes, smog, and so on. Meanwhile, doctors blame patients and call it sick building syndrome, as if a company shouldn't be held accountable. Pipelines get built, protesters are ignored and they leak into water supplies on repeat. We live in this kind of society. LEDs are enough to make me want to throw things on a good day - I'm part of lightaware.org. AND THEN there's the social aspect, which is also part of the problem: most Non-Autistics can filter out these unwanted signals and don't realise they're unhealthy. This filtering is also part of how they're 'coded' to behave socially to fit in, by suppressing 'desire' and misrepresenting it purposefully. This article seems to be a good way of helping make sense of these things: autcollab.org/.../

All of this^^ is enough to go mad over. Autistic or not. I've found that creating a safe environment with breathing space provides enough room to learn to listen to myself and learn how to navigate socially, which has been necessary for financial survival. But the thing that's the most difficult is always the very close 1 or 2 relationships with unresolved issues. Those just take a great deal of wisdom. 

• I would slowly come off everything but anti-anxiety medication could help in the right dose. Maybe use it to see if you cannot work out problems that need Actual Solutions. while they're highly addictive, they can be amazing short-term solution to be able to think clearly for once and sort out what is at the root of most problems. 

Most of us are a mismatch for a society which is riddled with bad manners and bad ethics. Taking medication doesn't fix the problem. But with a "clear head" one can begin to start re-evaluating things we can control. A home environment can have an overwhelming amount of problems from unnatural lighting, unnatural chemical scents, airborne toxic 'smells' - or poorly designed buildings and homes which are full of unhealthy materials. Sometimes just changing the home environment is enough of a start to create a safe, anxiety free space you can feel anchored in within a chaotic world. 

There's good enough new evidence to support the difference in neurological "design" of autistic and ADHD individuals: we have less of an ability to filter out unwanted incoming sensory input and we can have Gamma waves which accelerate into anxiety due to less GABA inhibitors (for whatever reason). Pfizer makes Xanax for this specifically. I take a half dose when there's an orchestration in my head on repeat accelerating ad infinitum. It won't stop - I may burn out by 5 am, and then the whole week will be impossible. 

Most of us were raised without the details of an overwhelming amount of chaos that's happening around us and end up not knowing how to trouble shoot actual problems or navigate danger, compounding what's already overwhelming. I've spent the last nearly 30 years digging through libraries of material to try and work out what is going on. I don't have a ton of solutions, but I have found that a some environmental problems are due to 'planned obsolescence' or just having the most money to get away with something until there's too many lawsuits. Houses are built, builders cut corners, and cheap materials have long-term health impacts, but they're not discovered till long after too many people fall ill and the company no longer exists. This happened with cigarettes, smog, and so on. Meanwhile, doctors blame patients and call it sick building syndrome, as if a company shouldn't be held accountable. Pipelines get built, protesters are ignored and they leak into water supplies on repeat. We live in this kind of society. LEDs are enough to make me want to throw things on a good day - I'm part of lightaware.org. AND THEN there's the social aspect, which is also part of the problem: most Non-Autistics can filter out these unwanted signals and don't realise they're unhealthy. This filtering is also part of how they're 'coded' to behave socially to fit in, by suppressing 'desire' and misrepresenting it purposefully. This article seems to be a good way of helping make sense of these things: autcollab.org/.../

All of this^^ is enough to go mad over. Autistic or not. I've found that creating a safe environment with breathing space provides enough room to learn to listen to myself and learn how to navigate socially, which has been necessary for financial survival. But the thing that's the most difficult is always the very close 1 or 2 relationships with unresolved issues. Those just take a great deal of wisdom. 

Children
No Data