Anyone else ‘successfully’ holding down a job? Is it also torture?

I went from freelance to full time permanent employment at age 47.

Mortgage must be paid.

Thus not feeling free = prisoner of this circumstance, being told what to do.

What’s the point of living just to pay a mortgage, hating the workplace j hating my life hoping for a distant free future?

Or is my negativity just typical of Autism spectrum disorder?

I got diagnosed in 2018.

Parents
  • Hmmm... sometimes work place environments for neurotypicals don't suit us.

Sounds like time for change.

I'm been lucky. I've always been over qualified for what I do but have been mostly in jobs where I was useful. I sometimes met the environments ND aren't socially suited for but managed to find a better role.

If you hate your current job, no it would be soul destroying to go on and a fast track to burn out probably. So start carving something else out now. Good news is, it's an employee's market just now. No one can get enough staff, so you need something that suits both your autistic talent and autistic needs better. 

• Hmmm... sometimes work place environments for neurotypicals don't suit us.

Sounds like time for change.

I'm been lucky. I've always been over qualified for what I do but have been mostly in jobs where I was useful. I sometimes met the environments ND aren't socially suited for but managed to find a better role.

If you hate your current job, no it would be soul destroying to go on and a fast track to burn out probably. So start carving something else out now. Good news is, it's an employee's market just now. No one can get enough staff, so you need something that suits both your autistic talent and autistic needs better. 

Children
No Data