Negativity. Guilt.

My circumstances are good right now. But my brain puts a negative spin on everything and will seek out problems and find the negative aspects of fucking anything and enlarge them so that they overshadow any of the good stuff. Everyone around me is just being nice but everything they say irritates me and makes me angry. I can feel myself being a *** but can't stop. Then I feel extremely guilty for not being as nice and happy and enthusiastic as everyone else. Does anyone else feel like this? Do you hide it and pretend to be happy and try to come across friendly and nice? I feel like that's exhausting

Parents
  • I feel that a lot too, and sadly don’t have any good tips to help. I find that those moods for me are not usually permanent, but around some people they are. I usually just pretend to be nice and put on my “automated response” character like I do for everyone else. It’s pretty exhausting but I can’t imagine doing anything else. I also feel some of the people around me are used to me being kind of a *** so they don’t think much of it, but that’s because I didn’t start masking till I was older.

• I feel that a lot too, and sadly don’t have any good tips to help. I find that those moods for me are not usually permanent, but around some people they are. I usually just pretend to be nice and put on my “automated response” character like I do for everyone else. It’s pretty exhausting but I can’t imagine doing anything else. I also feel some of the people around me are used to me being kind of a *** so they don’t think much of it, but that’s because I didn’t start masking till I was older.

Children
No Data