OCD

How many of you suffer with OCD? I know I've posted about this before, but I thought I'd do it again as I've been suffering greatly with it as of late. My symptoms are varied, you have the pretty standard ones, like washing your hands every fifteen minutes in case you didn't do so properly the previous time, but also, and I'd be interested to know if anyone else has this, ruminations on events that happened at least five years ago. You can't look at something without somehow being reminded of an event you regret. 

Thankfully, CBT therapy has been arranged and I'll be having it in at least September, but until then, I have to suffer with those three letters that, if you've never heard of them, you're clearly living a better life - OCD. I know this isn't the happiest of posts, but you can't expect me or indeed anyone to be happy all the time. Everyone, including people like Mr. Jolly from Playdays (remember him?) has to feel any emotion other than happiness at least once in their life. 

But please do tell me your interactions with it if you have it and/or know someone else who does. My dad and his surviving niece also have it, but my surviving niece took CBT which, as I've heard, is life changing. Looking forward to having it! 

Parents
  • Glad to hear you're going to be having cbt I do and it works wonders for me. My OCD is basically obsessive thoughts about dying and my health. I'm constantly organising and rearranging things like the books on my shelf and I wash my hands, face and arms all the time and that's led to soreness unfortunately. Another part of my OCD is like yours where certain things take me back and then comes sadness and guilt of said event and day. That's a horrible one because it leads to flashbacks for me.

But I do have cbt and that does help make this more bearable so I can't complain about it too much.

• Glad to hear you're going to be having cbt I do and it works wonders for me. My OCD is basically obsessive thoughts about dying and my health. I'm constantly organising and rearranging things like the books on my shelf and I wash my hands, face and arms all the time and that's led to soreness unfortunately. Another part of my OCD is like yours where certain things take me back and then comes sadness and guilt of said event and day. That's a horrible one because it leads to flashbacks for me.

But I do have cbt and that does help make this more bearable so I can't complain about it too much.

Children