Obsessional interest not generating satisfaction?

Recently for various reasons me and my family have decided to put ourselves on the HomeSwapper website to move home. I have since developed what I think is an obsessional interest in interior design, and love looking at new homes to think about ideas for how I could lay them out and things like that. However, we have not been able to move, and it doesn't appear likely anytime soon. This has made me feel like my special interest in interior design isn't being satisfied as I want to imagine it for a realistic option. This has made me feel more down and irritable recently. Has anyone experienced similar with their obsessional interests, and have any advice on how to deal with it?

• I lived in a rented property for years. I used to imagine how I could improve or extend this property if it were mine. In the end I stuck with smaller projects such as one room, how to redecorate it, spending ages on paint websites and what can I do with what I have. I would measure the rooms and furniture, then using graph paper make a plan of the room and 2d shapes of the furniture so I could move it around first. I also used to watch a lot of relocating/ buying homes programmes and imagine what I would do.

Any plans you make now could be adjusted if you move. My other idea is, could you keep a book/computer file with your ideas so you have them ready to adjust where needed if you move.

• Hi, I'm sorry your finding this happening at the moment. Sometimes similar happens to me. Like if I'm writing and can't think up words then I lose the satisfaction. Same if I'm doing spells or something similar. Usually when this happens I'll take a few hours away and do something else I'm interested in and that usually cures the disappointment and starts a new interest sizzling. You can go back to your old one later, I do and usually by then it's going forwards again and I'm feeling engaged in it.