I don't enjoy anything anymore

Hi

What do you do when you feel like you don't enjoy the things you love anymore. I don't know whether its because of my Asperger's, because of COVID or of something else completely different. I'm really sorry but I don't feel like I can talk about this to anyone close to me. I haven't done anything music related since I graduated from unviersity, I hardly do anything outside of work, i.e. don't go out to places, meet up with friends as I barely know anyone outside of work. Also recently, I feel like I'm starting lose my other passion for books as well as I have barely read for the past week or so.

I feel like I'm stuck. Help

Parents
  • Been there. For me it's a cyclic phenomenon, and after enough times around the loop the depression part kinda looses it's sting, because you know the next part is worth waiting for. I'm working to discover ways of shortening that depressed, "I can't get anything done" rut, but so far the only effective thing I've found is to go and help someone else out, when I can't help myself.

Or play with the cats, anything to be giving some joy to others, even if I don't feel it myself. It's my way of "pushing back" against the source of these feelings.. 

• Been there. For me it's a cyclic phenomenon, and after enough times around the loop the depression part kinda looses it's sting, because you know the next part is worth waiting for. I'm working to discover ways of shortening that depressed, "I can't get anything done" rut, but so far the only effective thing I've found is to go and help someone else out, when I can't help myself.

Or play with the cats, anything to be giving some joy to others, even if I don't feel it myself. It's my way of "pushing back" against the source of these feelings.. 

Children
No Data