Antidepressants

Does anyone find antidepressants help? If so which ones?

I've never had antidepressants, but as a late diagnosed adult, I wonder if perhaps they could have helped me in the past.

Your thoughts as ever appreciated

Parents
  • There are several different groups of anti-depressants and under each group will be a list of anti-depressants which meet the criteria for that group . Your GP/psychiatrist/psychologist will probably offer the one that is the best for you. Was diagnosed with depression after my mum died 10 years ago, started on citalopram than a few years ago was changed onto sertraline, which has helped me more than citalopram did. Some will work, other won't.

• There are several different groups of anti-depressants and under each group will be a list of anti-depressants which meet the criteria for that group . Your GP/psychiatrist/psychologist will probably offer the one that is the best for you. Was diagnosed with depression after my mum died 10 years ago, started on citalopram than a few years ago was changed onto sertraline, which has helped me more than citalopram did. Some will work, other won't.

Children
No Data