Antidepressants

Does anyone find antidepressants help? If so which ones?

I've never had antidepressants, but as a late diagnosed adult, I wonder if perhaps they could have helped me in the past.

Your thoughts as ever appreciated

Parents
  • hello! when i first started sertraline, on 50mg a day, I experienced positive effects almost instantly. it really helped to calm my anxiety, helped me to focus and thus in turn this all lifted my mood. 

however i got used to the dose very quickly, so the dr increaed to 100mg, then again to 150mg, and im considering going up to 200mg but this is the limit to how much you can take per day, ive been told.

i started sertraline in august 2019, and am now feeling as though id like to come off it, because i am still struggling with anxiety and depression, and i feel quite flat/numb too. 

this is just my experience, everyone is so different and in my opinion, lifestyle factors surely have to contribute to the symptoms of anxiety and depression. 

• Thanks angel, that's interesting.

As I say, I've never tried them, but I know a lot of people are on them almost permanently.

My ex partner is on a very small does of citalapram (like 10mg), which helps her a lot. If she misses a does it has a big effect on her.

I've never been on them. But from what your saying they may not be the answer for me, if you build up a tolerance for them. I suppose it means they are only a short term, (get you over a bad patch) type of thing.

I was kind of thinking there might be something I could take long term

• Thanks angel, that's interesting.

As I say, I've never tried them, but I know a lot of people are on them almost permanently.

My ex partner is on a very small does of citalapram (like 10mg), which helps her a lot. If she misses a does it has a big effect on her.

I've never been on them. But from what your saying they may not be the answer for me, if you build up a tolerance for them. I suppose it means they are only a short term, (get you over a bad patch) type of thing.

I was kind of thinking there might be something I could take long term

Children
No Data