Changing perception of others

Does anyone else find they view others differently depending on how they feel?

Sometimes I see almost everyone as hostile! I know logically they can't be, but I have the feeling that they are, even good friends.

At other times I don't see the rest of the world as hostile at all.

Is this an aspie autism thing, or does this happen to everyone (or is it jus me on my ownSob)?

Parents
  • The world is becoming a more hostile place, no doubt. Everyone feels marginalised by something while being told at the same time THEY are the problem. Discourse is disregarded in favour of not compromising under the guise of a sort of tribal 'association'. Humans are expected to pay more in a system which gives them less and lower quality while being ghosted when that product's standards aren't worth the investment. On top of this anyone can be unjustly accused and loose their job, livelihood, reputation... you're not wrong. We may be more sensitive to it (my grandmother used to say Greed would be the ruin of this country - the US), but try emailing google or apple or any number of consumer services. Or the NHS. American consumerism is a virus and it's turning people into angry zombies. 

In the West, we've been allowed a certain freedom of expression. When people 'feel' like they have a voice, many times they don't realise nothing actually changes, but some don't actually care! So we're all stuck listening to constant complaints. Many genuinely prefer a type of martyrdom, as it's the only way they're used to getting attention. 

I like solving problems. I used to be resentful if I had to explain a thing and now understand that not everyone can see what I can... I'd still rather help another Autist. Most are more open and easier to connect with.

• Here here. Couldn't have said it better myself. Thought it was only me that saw things this way

Reply Children
No Data