Psychotherapist with ASD Experience?

Hello, I am looking for any recommendations or suggestions for a psychotherapist who has experience working with people on the autistic spectrum?

I've done CBT therapy recently, but I've now reached a point where I was advised to try to find a psychotherapist with ASD experience who might be able to help me better understand myself, my system, and how my brain works.

I am high-functioning, married, diagnosed with Asperger's, and suffered an Autistic Burnout/Regression for the first time after experiencing an unprecedented amount of stress (I'm in my 40s and haven't had any meltdowns since adolescence days, but suffered them again during the burnout). I believe I now nearly fully understand what happened to me, so I think I only need some support/confirmations/corrections? Also, since the regression I have had difficulty with language, specifically the need to find the "most accurate" words/phrases, and often feel like I am "emulating" life. I have also been working on trying to "feel" my environment, as apparently my brain is slow to make connections between feelings/emotions and thoughts.

I know I might not be the easiest person for whom to find an appropriate therapist; thus, my attempt to post in this forum to see if anyone might have any suggestions.

Thank you in advance for any input or feedback.

Parents Reply Children
No Data