New person

Hello, I am 21 and waiting for my autism assessment (went GP with family member to ask for a referral), I had strong problems since childhood but it was always put to bad behaviour etc. So I got used to thinking I'm just difficult and a burden, but recently someone mentioned something that made me look up autism, and I realised how much it all relates to me (basically everything), and was shocked that no one around me noticed or thought I could get help,  as opposed to constantly saying try harder, stop being like that etc. 

So whilst I wait to be able to speak to a professional (none of my teachers know how to deal with my autism, and friends/colleagues don't know what it is for me to mention it),  I thought I'd make an account here, it's nice to read the posts,  but I don't really know how to use the site that much lol, how do I change my profile? Where is my profile?  

Also, does anyone know where I can get free information packs to give out to people?  I was sure there was a form to fill out on this site, but I can't find it now... If not then maybe something similar, when I try to speak about my difficulties, I get treated like I'm just lying (how does that even work), so would love to have something to just give out that's a bit more detailed than the little cards sold by NAS. 

Anyway hello to everyone, apologies for starting a new topic thing if I wasn't supposed to. Is anyone else from an Asian family that think mental disabilities don't exist lol XD

Parents Reply Children
No Data