Hi

Over 60 and recently diagnosed ASD/Asperger's

Parents
  • I live abroad, but was diagnosed in the UK - my home country.

• More coming! This is likely to be brief because the board is playing up a bit with longer posts from this remote outpost. I self-diagnosed a year back, self-referred, and a very helpful UK clinician gave me a private neurological assessment to confirm it a couple of months back. I'm too long out of the country for NHS. Adulthood ASD is probably a taboo subject in this country,  No one will talk about it, even in my local family. And few people in the UK seem able to be constructive about it either. No UK vote either. Complete Catch-22, but I suppose you could say I have always adapted.

• Better perhaps to just say I self-identified a couple of years ago. I wonder if perhaps my diagnosis might eventually drop off the spectrum under a new DSM say, but hell I would still call myself neurodiverse anyway. I would welcome DNA tests or MR Scans, but I guess they are not practical just yet

• Better perhaps to just say I self-identified a couple of years ago. I wonder if perhaps my diagnosis might eventually drop off the spectrum under a new DSM say, but hell I would still call myself neurodiverse anyway. I would welcome DNA tests or MR Scans, but I guess they are not practical just yet

Children
No Data