Hello! I'm autistic.

Hello! I'm 53 years old, and I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome two years ago, after about thirty years of being wrongly diagnosed with Schizoid Personality Disorder. I'm interested in the world around me, but I'm almost completely unable to communicate face-to-face with anybody. Communicating on the Internet is less difficult, but still not easy.

My principal interests are ancient languages, music, Rugby Union and Doctor Who.

I look forward to exploring these forums.

Parents
  • May I be the first to welcome you.I am 54 and still waiting for final diagnosis,but I enjoy being here with such lovely caring people.

enjoy your time here.it is so varied depending which area you explore.lots of help and plenty of people who will listen but not judge.

• Thank you, Lonewarrior.

Why am I appearing as "NAS24221" when I chose an amusing nickname comparable to yours during registration?

• Hi NAS24221? It seems to be how it works! Maybe I will ask the question, My user name is one I chose when my latest obsession was health and safety! I had taken a two day coarse for work which was as a safety supervisor,it was full on and I passed it.but as usual with me I have to know why,how and everything or in my mind I cannot do my job right.

At work I am "mr boring" or "way to serious" or they say " oh my god here he goes again" So ok I do go on and on but safety is a serious matter. Most of my work colleagues think it's a joke or just gets in the way!

So back to the user name lone warrior.I felt isolated and ignored and went onto sites for H and E information,imagine my surprise when I found a group of like minded people who also thought the same as me.it gave me strength to believe what I was doing was actually the right thing. So alone and fighting the cause. I get great satisfaction if just one colleague uses the info I bang on about,they remember bits of what I preach and stop and think,the best I can hope for I suppose?

As you can see when I reply I just don't know when to shut up which is what they all say all the time.

I am boring but I mean well.

• Hi NAS24221? It seems to be how it works! Maybe I will ask the question, My user name is one I chose when my latest obsession was health and safety! I had taken a two day coarse for work which was as a safety supervisor,it was full on and I passed it.but as usual with me I have to know why,how and everything or in my mind I cannot do my job right.

At work I am "mr boring" or "way to serious" or they say " oh my god here he goes again" So ok I do go on and on but safety is a serious matter. Most of my work colleagues think it's a joke or just gets in the way!

So back to the user name lone warrior.I felt isolated and ignored and went onto sites for H and E information,imagine my surprise when I found a group of like minded people who also thought the same as me.it gave me strength to believe what I was doing was actually the right thing. So alone and fighting the cause. I get great satisfaction if just one colleague uses the info I bang on about,they remember bits of what I preach and stop and think,the best I can hope for I suppose?

As you can see when I reply I just don't know when to shut up which is what they all say all the time.

I am boring but I mean well.

Children
No Data