Just joined thought I'd say hi

Just found this community and thought I would introduce myself.

Im a mum of 2 and full time stepmum to 3 - all girls ages 17,12,11,10 and 9.

My 10 year old has had complex issues since the age of 2 and last week we finally got the call saying she is getting a diagnosis of autism. This is after an unsuccessful assessment when she was 6 and years of parenting courses and generally people telling me she was fine , or it was me, or various other reasons. 

Honestly this last assessment was actually to rule out autism once and for all so that camhs would actually start to help us with her anxieties - so it's come as quite a shock and I'm not really sure how i feel about it. The report got sent out today so should have it in afew days, not sure it's really sunk in but I'm sure it will once I've read the report. 

• Hi, you have my sympathies. Although I've got loads of neurodiverse people in my family, SD16 being diagnosed ASD has rocked me a bit. We've gone pillar to post on diagnosis not helped by her bio mother refusing to accept that SD actually wanted an assessment... family court ruling and the whole fun and games of finding someone to assess when the mother was anti.

Main thing to do other than being gentle on yourself is to be glad you persisted. SD is so relieved that there is a reason