Autism diagnosis in adults

Hi theyre im 24 nearly 25 and i have a beautiful little boy whos 5 months old. for a couple of months ive be coming to accept i am probably autistic in most everything i do :( and i wanna go to the doctors about these issues however im pretrified. does anyone have any adive on the subject im just hoping to be able to say right this is me now i know why im the way i am. and anyones stories on theyre diagnosis dont wanna be fob of by the doctors. im in the uk :) 

just a list of the things i sturggle with 

1. Social situations, social cues making friends knowing when to talk walk away and even when to find a joke funny,
  2. noise i cant talk to someone with a tv going music or anything
  3. i am over sensative 
  4. i have melt downs 
  5. im over emotional i feel anger so deeply pain emotion its all feels like its magnified 
  6. crowds can stand them i have to end up leaving
  7. understanding peoples feelings i struggle with sometimes
  8. i tend to clap my hands alot on my legs arms and objects 

i have to have a routine

im just very scared and dont know who to ask for support and advice. 

thanks for reading. 

• Get some support from your health visitor saying you want a diagnosis so you can access support so you can be the most effective Mum you can to to your wee fella.

Health visitor would then speak to your GP about what she's seen about your signs and symptoms of ASD.

• Hi there,

If that really is all what you want, to be able to say right this is me, now I know why I'm the way I am, then I'd say you are reasonably likely to get that (or at least be told that it isn't autism, if that's what they decide is the case). At least you have little to lose with that expectation. If you do go for it and are diagnosed with something then it would be nice if you'd also get a bit of support, I suppose. That's where you need to keep your expectations rather low though.

And it will take quite some time, but I guess if you don't ask for an assessment then you will simply keep wondering all that time that could have been your waiting time already.

Good luck that you get referred for an assessment without trouble and don't have to wait for ages in case you decide to go for it!