Hello. My name is Joel. I'm new here.

6'1
Parents
  • Hello everyone, I am a mother of 2 boys aged 11 and 13, the 13 year old is Autistic. My lovely boy has changed into someone else and I don't know now how to best work with this. Threats and sanctions now seem to no longer work.

He has been weeing out of practically every window in the house so have had to lock them all. He is now peeing in the garden in a bucket and will not use the lavatory except on raining days when he does it in the sink in my bedroom!!

He is dressing up in the guise of horrid Henry,  or similar, and started leaving the house without telling us and leaving the front door open. He was out at 7am this morning whilst we are all sleeping.  I leave the key in the door for emergency sake and the idea of locking him in doesn't feel right.

Showering and teeth cleaning are a constant fight to the point of him running away with me in chase. Typically adolescent he is now very rude and disrespectful. 

There are many other issues, but in the main, does anyone have any ideas on how to manage this as I seem to be constantly nagging him so that he has switched off.

Thanks for you help

Sooozie

• Hello everyone, I am a mother of 2 boys aged 11 and 13, the 13 year old is Autistic. My lovely boy has changed into someone else and I don't know now how to best work with this. Threats and sanctions now seem to no longer work.

He has been weeing out of practically every window in the house so have had to lock them all. He is now peeing in the garden in a bucket and will not use the lavatory except on raining days when he does it in the sink in my bedroom!!

He is dressing up in the guise of horrid Henry,  or similar, and started leaving the house without telling us and leaving the front door open. He was out at 7am this morning whilst we are all sleeping.  I leave the key in the door for emergency sake and the idea of locking him in doesn't feel right.

Showering and teeth cleaning are a constant fight to the point of him running away with me in chase. Typically adolescent he is now very rude and disrespectful. 

There are many other issues, but in the main, does anyone have any ideas on how to manage this as I seem to be constantly nagging him so that he has switched off.

Thanks for you help

Sooozie

Children
No Data