Hi just joined

Hi, this is my first post on any ASD forum so I'm a bit nervous. I was diagnosed with aspergers in November 2015 at the age of 46,  it's taken me this long to pluck up the courage to introduce myself and admit my diagnosis. If you met me you would probably not think there was anything strikingly different about me. Good job it's not possible to see in to my head and see how strange I really am. I'm femail and I do manage to hold down a responsible job, ( sometimes I feel by the skin of my teeth). The thing I struggle with the most is not being able to communicate in a non professional manner, what I mean is just chat, I'm fine professionally but come lunch time and I'm lost. I can't disclose at work because I'm pretty sure no one would understand. It would be nice to be able to communicate with others in the same boat. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Parents
  • Thank you Ferret, I like your description 'adaptive camoflage', that sums me up perfectly. I often think of the kids program I used to watch, Mr Ben, not sure if you'vs ever heard of him but every episode he went into a shop and came out as somebody different that's how I've always felt. I have so many different personas I don't know which is the real me.  

• Thank you Ferret, I like your description 'adaptive camoflage', that sums me up perfectly. I often think of the kids program I used to watch, Mr Ben, not sure if you'vs ever heard of him but every episode he went into a shop and came out as somebody different that's how I've always felt. I have so many different personas I don't know which is the real me.  

Children
No Data