Frazzled mum

1. Hi ,I am the frazzled mum of a fifteen year old autistic daughter. I don't know how much longer I can cope. She had a diagnosis in year 2 and since then we she has struggled with her education, her reading is is still only that of a six year old. Despite that she enjoys School and finds the routine good and she is very well behaved. Despite this it is her behaviour at home that we are having problems with. She constantly demands our attention and any attention will do. She creates illnesses and starts arguments even though she hasn't got the sophistication to argue and every mealtime ends in a complete meltdown. I don't think I have the skills to deal with it. HELP.
Parents
  • We are struggling with our fifteen year old daughters behaviour at home. She recently made herself sick by worrying about her school transport and subsequently stopped eating because she thought she would be sick again. We cannot reason with her about her worries and she spends so much time stressing and arguing with us. She relies on us for everything she's never left alone and won't go anywhere alone. I don't know where to go for advice. 

• We are struggling with our fifteen year old daughters behaviour at home. She recently made herself sick by worrying about her school transport and subsequently stopped eating because she thought she would be sick again. We cannot reason with her about her worries and she spends so much time stressing and arguing with us. She relies on us for everything she's never left alone and won't go anywhere alone. I don't know where to go for advice. 

Children
No Data