First timer.

I am a 34 year old male with Asperger's syndrome. I've been "officially" diagnosed since I was 19 years old. The "professionals" now think I may have borderline personality disorder. Other than my parents, I have very little to no social interaction. General "life" frightens me. I don't seem to fit in. Anyone else feel the same??

Parents
  • If something works for you (Asperger's related or not), as a coping strategy, use it, as long as its an appropriate coping strategy.

A support group is a really good idea. It is a good idea to use this forum as a start. I'm not sure myself how to set up a face to face support group , as it would probably need to be done in a "professional way", like most things, and also whether the funding is there to do this. Maybes some fundraising stuff could help but I wouldn't know where to start with this.

• If something works for you (Asperger's related or not), as a coping strategy, use it, as long as its an appropriate coping strategy.

A support group is a really good idea. It is a good idea to use this forum as a start. I'm not sure myself how to set up a face to face support group , as it would probably need to be done in a "professional way", like most things, and also whether the funding is there to do this. Maybes some fundraising stuff could help but I wouldn't know where to start with this.

Children
No Data