Son Rise Program

Hi there, I am new to this forum and have literally just registered. My son (aged 5) has recently been diagnosed as high functioning autism (used to be known as aspergers, but we are no longer allowed to use this term, apparently?!).

Having done lots of reading online, we came across the son rise program founded by the Knaufman family by which Raun Knaufman who was diagnosed as autistic aged 2, outgrew his autism as a result of his parents 'joining' in his behaviour as a child.

Me and hubby have read his book, which is extremely interesting and convincing, and makes a lot of sense. A lot of critics claim there is no scientific evidence for this, and a lot of paediatricians would also claim this, as it is commonly known that autism is a lifelong spectrum disorder that a child cannot outgrow and can only be managed, however Rauns behaviour defied the odds. 

Those critics who claim there is no scientific evidence for this, I am pretty sure this is actually their opinion, as opposed to something they have actually tried and tested themselves.

What I would like to know, is if there is anyone out there who has completed the program themselves, as it is held in London annually and is rather expensive. If so, what was the outcome please? I am not interested in opinions of those who haven't completed the program, only those that have, as me and hubby are very interested in doing the program, however would like an unbiased opinion, aside from the websites  associated with Raun Knaufman. 

Opinions on this program, the outcome and if it is worth doing would be very much appreciated, as we want to do everything we can to help our son. Thank you.

Parents
  • Hi there,

I have recently heard about this program and watched many recovery videos on youtube that are very convincing. I'm parent of an autistic child myself. 

Were you able to find any UK links on this?

Did you join this program?

Any other useful information?

Thank you.

• Hi there,

I have recently heard about this program and watched many recovery videos on youtube that are very convincing. I'm parent of an autistic child myself. 

Were you able to find any UK links on this?

Did you join this program?

Any other useful information?

Thank you.

Children
No Data